Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rest and Hydration Facial

This nightly routine has been making my face feel fabulous so I thought I'd share it.  This investment in yourself is a fantastic price for such high quality ingredients, especially when bought together in a bundle to take advantage of the Buy5 Get1 Free deal.  The amount needed is so small and effective that these products will last a good long time.

Step 1: BFF Exfoliating Face Wash- Use a very small amount (1/2 pea-size) with plenty of warm water and lightly scrub face avoiding eye area.  Rinse and pat dry.  Alternatively, Complexion Perfection could be used instead.  It is also a peppermint exfoliating face wash- though slightly less exfoliating.

Step 2: Rain Mask- Smooth a thin layer over face and neck.  Leave on for up to an hour then rinse and pat dry.  (Rain mask is gentle enough to use daily- I currently use it about twice a week).  Another moisturizing mask that could be used here is The Saint.  It is avocado and honey based.

Step 3: Sweet Young Thing- Use just 2 or 3 drops and rub into bare clean skin, focusing on wrinkle prone areas like forehead and around the eyes and mouth.

Step 4: Sleepy Stick (or Healer Stick)- Swiping a layer of shea butter directly underneath my eyes and on my lips is SO comforting and nourishing any time of day but especially at night.  The sleepy stick contains lavender oil and the healer contains orange oil.  I love using the lavender scent at bedtime.  I keep it on the nightstand next to my bed just in case I want more :)

Step 5: Night and Day Moisturizer- A pea-size amount of this intoxicating lavender heaven is enough for my whole face.  The scent is strong at first (breathe deeply and enjoy!) then dissipates as it's absorbed.

Step 6: Sweet Dreams Night Creme- Ideal for maturing skin, this luxurious creme is wonderful to put on my cheek and neck areas for an extra boost of hydration.  Like the others, a little goes a long way and the subtle pressed petal scent is a lovely one to go to bed with.  It compliments the lavender so nicely.

Step 7: Rest up and let the magic do it's thing while you look forward to the incredible youthful-feeling face you'll most certainly have in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment